3 Healthy Christmas Dessert Recipes
Hi, I am Nutritionist Ambika Setia (former healthy baker), I promote healthy balanced eating.
Christmas is around the corner and without a doubt we all love Santa vibes and some good desserts during winter. I am here to share my top 3 all-time favourites. I make Healthy Christmas Desserts at home and send them to my friends and family. This time around making healthy desserts became easier as I am using True Elements products the brand is true to their word and do not lie about their ingredients. The products are clean and rich in fibre hence it'll keep you full for ling. This prevents overeating, another issue with having sweets around.
Enjoy my recipes with a glass of Mulled Wine or as it is.
Christmas Special Yogurt Parfait
100 gms yogurt/greek yogurt
1-2 tbsp True Elements Chocolate Granola and Seeds Mix
1-2 tbsp True Elements Dried Cranberries
1 tbsp Honey/Maple syrup/Dates paste
1. Mash the yogurt well with a fork.
2. Add the choice of sweetener to it. Mix it well.
3. Take a glass tumbler or a glass clear bowl to start layering.
4. Add a spoon of yogurt layer at the bottom – sprinkle fruits and True Elements Chocolate Granola and True Elements Dried Cranberries over it. Add another layer of yogurt and repeat till brim.
5. Cover and cool it in fridge for 10-20 mins.
Tiramisu Chia Pudding
1-2 Tbsp True Elements Chia Seeds
250 ml Milk of your choice
2 Tsp Coffee Powder
Mix Fruits of your choice
2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Granola by True Elements
1. Soak True Elements Chia Seeds in milk either overnight or 1-2 hours and keep it in fridge. Add coffee powder, jaggery and mix it well.
2. It will form like a jelly like consistency. Mix it well.
3. Add toppings of fruits and granola and nuts of choice.
No Bake Energy Balls
4 tbsp True Elements Rolled Oats
1 tbsp Mix Seeds
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp True Elements Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. In a bowl, add True Elements Rolled Oats along with all other ingredients.
2. Mix everything well by digging your hands in (because it is Christmas).
3. Refrigerate it for 15-30 mins.
4. Start rolling them out in form of balls.
5. You can either it coat it with dark chocolate or eat it as it is.
As a Nutritionist, I am always asked why I include desserts and sweets in my diet plans. My answer always remains the same: BALANCE
As there should be a balance in life, similarly it should be with your eating patterns. Balancing your calories and meals is very important- craving sweets is when your body gives you signals of not having enough nutrients in your body and that your meals are not well balanced.
The thing to be kept in mind is: PORTION CONTROL
If you know portion control and keep in mind the portion of any meal just not sweets, you will be able to enjoy food without feeling the need to stop or regret cravings. So always remember to enjoy every food guilt-free by maintaining portions and choosing healthy ingredients and swaps like True Elements products.
Authored By: Ambika Setia
Nutritionist at Apollo Spectra Hospitals